Due Date: October 31st/March 31st
E-mail your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with WOMBAT - HW2 - HOL ID (e.g. WOMBAT - HW2 - ma1876) in the subject line.
Attachments will NOT be opened. If you include any images in your assignment, please upload them to a site such as Imgur, Tinypic, Photobucket or other and send me the link.
Include your HOL name, HOL ID, and House in the body of your email.
There are more than 60 points worth of options below. You can pick which ones you would like to do to achieve them. You will not be awarded more than 60 points for your work, even if you complete all parts of the assignment.
The Life and Lies: 15 points
Choose ONE of the following Ministers of Magic and write a short biography of at least 150 words. Include all important events that happened during their term. Please cite all sources that you use.
- Artemisia Lufkin
- Grogan Stump
- Faris Spavin
- Millicent Bagnold
Defend the Ministry: 10 points
Play the game and send me a screenshot of your best score.
Logo: 15 points
As you have seen from the lesson, there are many departments and offices in the Ministry of Magic. Design a logo for one of them and explain it in a couple of sentences. Alternatively, you can describe the logo in 150 words.
Level Eight: 20 points
If you paid attention, you noticed that there is no department or anything really on the Level Eight of the Ministry. It has been under construction for several decades and many witches and wizards forgot what was there in the first place. In your opinion, what hides on Level Eight? Tell me your take on it in at least 200 words.
Project Runway: 10 points
Each department in the Ministry has their own uniforms. Magical Maintenance wears navy blue, Wizengamot plum, and so on. Design uniforms for one of the departments or offices in the Ministry and explain your pick in a couple of sentences. You can use a dollmaker or any other medium. Alternatively, you can describe the uniform in 100 words.
Case Scenarios: 30 points
Below are several scenarios, each worth 5 points. In at least 50 words for each example, explain which Ministry Department(s) or Office(s) would you contact to resolve given dilemmas. I am not looking strictly for the right option, as much as sound explanation for your choice. Some further research into departments may be necessary.
- Your godson is concealing a stash of flying carpets, some of which he is allowing to fly loose around his back garden, but no Muggle ever sees them.
- Your friend owns a Muggle racing bike that has been enchanted to achieve speed of 100mph. They did not personally enchant the bike and never ride it.
- Your fifteen year old nephew has cursed his twenty-year-old sister. She has retaliated with a Disarming Spell that missed him and hit a Muggle child, who collapsed.
- Your mother was attacked by a Dark Witch in the middle of busy Muggle street. To protect herself, she cast a Shield charm and then retaliated with a Severing charm, which sent the Dark Witch to St. Mungo's, to save the life of at least dozen Muggles.
- Your Friends are in dispute over which of them owns a field where Demiguises made their home. A accuses B of sneaking onto the field every few days to collect the precious fur which is rightfully A's.
- Your cousin fed a love potion to a Muggle man, who has married her. When you went around with a wedding gift you discovered the situation and found out that she did so for all five years of their relationship.